14 January 2011

Akeelah and the Bee.


'Akeela and The Bee', clearly makes me misunderstood the story of a girl which has won the national spelling bee. What makes it a must to be watched? For parents looking for suitable medium to teach courage and determination to their children, this movie will definitely fulfill the purpose. Akeela never gives up. Akeela will do anything to prove herself in the spelling bee. Akeela does not fear the challenge. Akeela will show you that even a little girl can accomplish big things.

Dr. Larabee as Akeela's instructor in the movie has played its role very well. Exposing her to the very details of the spelling bee, Dr. Larabee taught her how to success in the competition. He is teacher, which in the story tells us to respect teachers, learn well from them and trust them. Family problems do not waver Akeela, even they give her a lot of obstacles especially from her mother.

This movie is very entertaining because it contains elements such as songs, jokes and seriousness. The mixture of all these elements color the movie. As I watch this movie, I understand that one day, when I go out and work as a teacher, I need to be creative to attract my students' attention to what I want to teach.

I remembered once I was in my primary school, there was my favourite teacher named Cikgu Hamden, who was really talented and creative. He is very much alike Akeelah's instructor in the story. He never felt tired to come with his wonderful ideas. In his class, I never felt boring. I still remember about him up until now and one day, I want to be like him.
Watch movie now, and you will not regret the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. helloo....
    where is the entries, mate?

    http://someonetyping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete